Last week I made raw peach jam – a non-cooked version. Since the weather is nice and cool today, pleasant weather to cook, I decided to make the cooked version and see the difference.
When you cook the jam, some water vaporizes, which already makes the jam thicker. And also the taste of the jam is a bit sweeter as the natural sugars are more dense.
I like both jams, they both taste great, and I very much appreciate the simplicity of these jams.
- 8 peaches
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp date syrup (or any other natural sweetener of your choice)
- Remove pits from the peaches.
- Blend peaches in a blender.
- Pour the mixture in a pan and add date syrup.
- Stir and let shimmer on medium heat.
- Let it cook for 5-10mins.
- Switch off the stove and let it cool off a little for 10 mins.
- Stir in the chia seeds and let it cool a bit longer.
- Once cold, put the jam in a container and place it in a fridge.
- Let it rest in the fridge for at least a couple of hours before eating.