As you might have noticed I buy both HelloFresh and Gousto recipe boxes. Few people have asked what is the difference between those two, so this blog is an overview of services offered by HelloFresh, and later there will be another one about services of Gousto. That way you will have all the information needed for you to decide which one to go for. However I think the best is to try both and you will see which one you prefer.
Types of HelloFresh recipe boxes:
- Classic Box
- 3 meals for 2 people £39.00
- 3 meals for 3 people £49.00
- 3 meals for 4 people £59.00
- 4 meals for 2 people £41.99
- 5 meals for 2 people £49.00
- Veggie Box
- 3 meals for 2 people £36.00
- 3 meals for 4 people £57.00
- Family Box
- 3 meals for 4 people £57.00
- 4 meals for 4 people £64.00
- Note: You can change the type of the box anytime – such as you can buy a bigger box when you are expecting visitors.
Recipe preference (what type of recipes are you looking for):
- Note: Only available for 3 meals Classic Box
- Following preferences available:
- Chef’s choice
- Low calories (around 600 kcal / meal)
- Fish free
- Pork Free
- Quick & Easy
- Free delivery to your house on the day you choose
- In my area they delivery on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
- Boxes will be coming every week on a day you choose
- You can pause your subscription anytime for as long as you want for no extra charge
- This is very handy if you are to travel. Personally I get HelloFresh one week and Gousto the second week, so I pause it for every second week.
Freebies for your friends:
In your box you will also find some handy vouchers for discounts or freebies, such as wine, Graze snack box etc. Sometimes they add samples, I have had a Kinder Bueno and Tea bags in my box.
I like HelloFresh because the ingredients are fresh and the recipes are simple, yet tasty. I get to cook things I would not normally cook. And they have amazing customer service, they definitely follow the rule “Customer is always right” and they solve everything fast, really amazing!
So why do I buy both HelloFresh and Gousto? Just for even bigger variety, and to be honest Gousto is actually slightly cheaper as well.
Looking forward to hearing from you about your experience with HelloFresh. Please grab the £25 discount on your first box and let me know how did you find the HelloFresh recipe box.!
If you have a HelloFresh box this week you know there is no Rump Steak recipe only a Sirloin Steak. Well, today when I started cooking I realized that I had two packs of Rump Steak in my box (I needed just 1 for Teriyaki Beef), so someone swapped Sirloin for Rump by a mistake. I called HelloFresh Customer service and they gave me credit for my next box. I must say that HelloFresh got amazing Customer service, they definitely stick to the rule ‘Customer is always right’ without asking any silly questions. So thumbs up HelloFresh Customer Service!
Anyway, so here is recipe for Sirloin/ Rump Steak. It works with either, as long as it is steak meat. Btw I have made some small changes to the recipe, a bit less onion and garlic, as I don’t like to smell of garlic and onion, especially as I sweat a lot as a personal trainer.
Rump steak with Peppercorn Sauce
Ingredients (for 2 adults)
- 2 Rump Steak pieces
- New potatoes (aprox. 10 small ones)
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 1 red onion
- 15g butter
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 182 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 chicken stock pot
- 150g Creme Fraiche
- 1 small bag of baby spinach
- Remove the steaks from the fridge. Preheat the oven 200°C. Cut potatoes into 2cm chunks, spread them on a baking tray, drizzle a bit of oil and spice with a pinch of salt and thyme leaves. Bake for 25 – 30mins till golden.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the red onion into half moons. Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the onion with a pinch of salt and cook until golden and soft for about 15-20mins. Stir every now an then to prevent it from burning at the bottom. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl, keep the saucepan as you will use it later.
- Halve, peen and thinly slice the shallot. Peel and grate / chop / press the garlic. Roughly chop the flat leaf parsley and crush the peppercorns.
- Season steak with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan, once hot lay in the steaks. Cook 2 mins each side on high heat and then 2 more mins on each side on lower heat for medium – rare. For medium add extra 2 mins on each side for medium. Once done transfer on a plate and cover with a foil.
- If need add a splash of oil in the pan and add shallot. Cook until soft, aprox. 5 mins, then add peppercorn, thyme, white vinegar and half the garlic. Add the chicken stock pot and 100ml water. Cook for 3 mins on reduced heat and then stir in the creme fraiche. Take it off the heat.
- Once your potatoes are cooked put the onion on top of the potatoes and leave in the oven for another 5 mins.
- Heat a splash of oil in the sauce pan. Add the remaining garlic, fry for a min and then add the spinach and wilt for 3-4mins.
- Stir parsley into the sauce, add any resting juices from the steaks.
- Serve potatoes on a plate and spinach next to it. Slice steak and place on top of the spinach. Spoon the sauce over the steak. Enjoy!
Click here for a 50% discount on your first HelloFresh box https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/offers/eqxmfn/?c=R93FAS
As you may have noticed I am a big fan of Hello Fresh. I love the fact that I receive a new recipe and all the ingredients I need. So I do not have to research the internet for recipes and most importantly I do not have to be searching the shops for specific ingredients.
Here is a recipe that was in my box this week – Thai Style Pork Stir Fry, you might want to give it a go.
Btw I like to tweak recipes, so you may find it is not 100% identical to the original Hello Fresh recipe.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 200g basmati rice
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 chopped/grated garlic clove
- 3 thinly sliced spring onions
- 1 pack of green beans
- 300g pork mince
- 3 tbsp Ketjap Manis
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 bunch of Thai basil
- Olive / coconut oil
- Boil water in a large saucepan. Add a bit of salt and add rice. Lower the heat and cook for aprox. 10mins
- Chop the shallot, peel and chop the garlic, chop the chilli pepper and thinly slice spring onions.
- Remove tops from the green beans, cut them in half. Put a splash of oil in a frying pan and stir-fry until tender (2-3mins) and them transfer to a plate.
- Add a splash of oil and pork mince, stir-fry until brown (6-8mins). Then add shllot, garlic, spring onion and chilli. Cook for 2-3mins until veggies are softened.
- Add beans to the pan. Stir in ketjap manis and soy sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add some basil leaves.
If you would like to get your first Hello Fresh box with £25 discount then click here https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/offers/eqxmfn/?c=null