I have to admit I have not been cooking much recently. It is too hot to spend time by the stove in this weather. We have mainly just been making shakes or cooking scrambled eggs. I think not cooking is nothing to be ashamed of, who says that we have to cook all the time, especially us, women? Luckily Prague offers so many healthy food choices, and sometimes I really enjoy eating out much more than cooking at home. And sometimes I enjoy cooking. Like this time when I cooked these vegetarian creamy gnocchi.
Btw, I am not a vegetarian, I occasionally have chicken and fish, but I love vegan and vegetarian food and I see the logic behind being vegan.
Anyway, this is a very simple recipe that anyone can make, because it is so simple. And I believe that you can easily turn it into a vegan meal as well as a meal with meat.
- 1kg of gnocchi (I admit I buy them in a shop, I do not make them at home)
- 1 can of peeled canned tomatoes (you can also use fresh tomatoes)
- 200 g of cream for cooking (I use cream base I buy in Czech called “Smetanový základ”)
- 1 onion
- 1 medium red paprika
- 1 natural tofu
- Salt, pepper, hot paprika, soy sauce
- Chop the onion and the paprika and put them on a pen with olive oil.
- Fry it and add a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and 1/2 tsp hot paprika.
- Once nice and soft, add a can of peeled tomatoes and add a glass of water and stir.
- Let cook for 5 mins.
- Add cream, stir and let cook for 10mins.
- And the gnocchi and cook for 5 mins till soft.
- Meanwhile cut the tofu into small cubes and sprinkle with soy sauce.
- Once gnocchi are soft, add tofu. Switch of the stove and let it rest for 5 mins.
- You can serve it with some fresh spinach for decoration.