My HelloFresh box arrived yesterday! Yay! Mondays feel like Christmas thanks to my recipe boxes deliveries now! I do love my food and I really enjoy the variety I get these days thanks to all the new recipes from HelloFresh and Gousto. Btw I am preparing a post on comparison of HelloFresh and Gousto services, so watch out for that one if you are thinking about trying either of them.
I usually do not cook with cream and cheese, but from time to time I do fancy creamy pasta, so when I saw this recipe on the recipes list I went for it and I am glad I did. Cooked it last night and it was lush! So I want to share it with you!
Creamy chicken linguine with roasted broccoli
Ingredients (for 2 adults):
- 3 chicken thighs
- 3 rashes of streaky bacon
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 sliced broccoli
- 200 – 300g linguine
- 1/2 chicken stock pot
- 150g Creme Fraiche
- 20g hard Italian cheese, grated
- There are two ways to prepare the broccoli. Cut the broccoli into florets and slice each florets into 3.
- Boil: Cook in a pot with water or place in a bowl and pour hot water over it.
- Roast: Preheat the oven for 200°C. Place broccoli on a tray, season with pepper and salt and a drizzle of oil. Roast for 10-12 mins.
- Cut bacon into 1cm wide slices. Cut the onion in a half, peel and slice into half moons. Finely chop the parsley and cut chicken into 2cm cubes.
- Heat a drizzle of oil on a frying pan, add bacon and cook until crispy. Then add chicken into the pan and spice it with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook till chicken is nice and brown. Then add onion and cook until onion is soft and brown.
- Boil a pot of water and add your linguine. Cook for 11-12mins, once cooked drain and drizzle with oil.
- Add 100ml of water and a chicken stock pot to the pan. Stir well to dissolve the chicken stock pot and cook for another 5 mins.
- Add Creme Fraiche and shimmer for 2-3 mins.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the linguine, broccoli and parsley to the pan and mix everything together.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle over the hard Italian cheese and some parsley.