As you have probably noticed, I like avocados. I always have avocados in the house,I am a fan of fast, simple recipes with avocados, such as avocado toast, avocado spread, salads with avocado, and desserts with avocado.
Avocado is amazing type of fruit, there are so many ways you can use it in your meals, and it is also very nutritious. Here are some of health benefits of avocados:
- High content of healthy fats
- contains 20 different vitamins and minerals (Vitamin B5 and B6, Vitamin K, Folate, Vitamin E, Potassium etc.)
- Does not contain cholesterol
- Low in saturated fats
- Contains more potassium than bananas
- Eating avocados can lower cholesterol
- Loaded with powerful antioxidants that can help to protect your eyes
If you follow my social media you will notice my avocado chocolate mousse recipe changes all the time as I always like to give it a twist. However, here is my basic avocado chocolate mousse recipe for you:
- 3 ripe avocados / 2 ripe avocados & 1 ripe banana / 1 ripe avocado & 2 ripe bananas
- 2 – 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scratched out vanilla bean / 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Optional: carob / maple syrup
- Blend everything till smooth.
If it is hard to blend add extra almond milk. If the color is too light add extra cocoa powder.
- Serve on its own, with fruits or with chickpea muffins.